Xiaomi launched the much-awaited flagship Redmi Pro at a launch event on July 27 in China. Samsung is on a launching spree with the release of several variants under the Galaxy J series. Recently, the company launched Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro in India exclusively via Snapdeal. Do you want to wait till the release of Redmi Pro in India?
In this article, we will distil the features and specifications of both smartphones to help you in decision making.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro
As expected, Xiaomi launched Redmi Pro with dual cameras. The integration of dual camera was rumored before the official launch ever since a teaser image showcasing Redmi Celebrity surfaced on the web. He was seen holding the device with the dual cameras on the rear side. Redmi Pro features an OLED display instead of the IPS display, which is normally found on Redmi branded smartphones.
Dubbed to be power efficient, the display offers super high contrast ratio with 2.5D curved glass. Redmi Pro has been manufactured using an elegant brushed aluminum body paired with the ceramic fingerprint sensor. Redmi Pro is available in Helio X20 and Helio X25 processor variants with 3GB RAM and 32GB/64GB/128GB internal storage variants.
Redmi Pro Specifications
- 2.5GHz Helio X25 and Helio X20 deca-core processor, Mali-T880 MP4 graphics
- 5.5-inch Full HD OLED display
- 3GB RAM – 32GB/64GB internal storage
- 4GB RAM – 128GB internal storage
- Storage expansion for all variants up to 128GB
- Dual rear camera – 13MP Sony IMX 258 sensor and 5MP Samsung sensor
- 5MP front-facing snapper
- Fingerprint sensor on the front with a ceramic button
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging support via USB Type-C port
- Hybrid dual-SIM slot, VoLTE support
Redmi Pro Pricing
- Helio X20, 3GB+32GB – RMB 1499 (Rs. 15,082)
- Helio X25, 3GB+64GB – RMB 1699 ( Rs. 17,094)
- Helio X25, 4GB+128GB – RMB 1999 (Rs. 20,113)
- Fast processor
- Lag free operation
- Dual camera for accurate and crisp imaging
- Huge battery for extended battery backup
- Helio processor known for heating (Le 1s & Le 1s Eco had heating problems with Helio)
- Metal body will heat during charging
- Low-level front-facing camera (at least 8MP expected)
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro
The recently launched Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro features a 5-inch Super AMOLED display, 2GB RAM, and 16GB internal storage. The smartphone also incorporates new features such as smart glow and turbo speed technology. With smart glow, you can easily color-code the LED notification ring for priority apps like WhatsApp, contact list, messages, and alerts. The feature also integrates the selfie assist to enable you to capture excellent selfies.
The addition of turbo speed technology provides an ability to load apps up to 40 percent faster than conventional Android smartphones. The TFT technology works by freezing excess RAM and allocating them to new apps.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro Specifications
- 5-inch Super AMOLED HD display (294PPI)
- Spreadtrum SC8830 1.5 GHz processor
- Mali-400MP2 graphics
- 2GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage (expandable up to 128GB)
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture and LED flash
- 5MP front-facing snapper
- 2600mAh battery (normal charging)
- Smart Glow LED notification system
- Unique turbo speed technology for enhanced performance
- Instant availability
- 5-inch Super AMOLD display for comfortable handling
- Addition of smart glow and turbo speed technology
- HD display
- Absence of fast charging
- Low camera specifications
- Only 2GB RAM
- Less battery
We recommend Redmi Pro because it offers a large display with a power-efficient OLED display. It doesn’t make any sense to invest around Rs. 9890 for a smartphone with HD display when there is an availability of FHD displays around the same cost.
Moreover, the Redmi Pro offers enhanced battery with 4050mAh capacity, which is capable of delivering improved backup time. The smartphone also offers fingerprint sensor, which is missing in Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro.
If you would like to buy a new smartphone, it’s better to wait for the availability of Redmi Pro since the price difference of the standard variant will be only Rs. 5000. You will get a large display, enhanced performance and dual cameras at below Rs. 16,000.