After introducing the Mi 5X in China on last month, Xiaomi is planning to launch the handset in India in September. Details regarding the launch is confirmed by the company’s VP and India MD Manu Kumar who state on the twitter on Tuesday. His tweet adds “Can’t wait for you guys to check out Xiaomi’s first dual-camera phone in India. Coming next month,” not revealing the exact model that will be launched in India.
Currently, the company has no flagship offering in the country right now, and Mi 5X seems to be the right contender at this point of time. Also, it is highly probable that the Xiaomi Mi 6 may not launch in India which in turn gave Xiaomi a chance to unveil the Mi 5X in India.
Xiaomi Mi 5X specification:
- 5.5 inches Full HD LTPS display.
- 2.0 GHz, Qualcomm MSM8953 Snapdragon 625 Chipset coupled with Adreno 506.
- 4GB RAM.
- 64GB internal storage.
- Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual standby).
- Runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS with MIUI 9 on the top.
- Dual rear 12 MP with f/2.2, f/2.6 aperture respectively, phase detection autofocus, 2x optical zoom, dual-LED (dual tone) flash.
- 5MP front facing camera.
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted).
- 3080 mAh battery.
The connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.2, and USB 2.0. The handset may come in 3 color variants like Black, Gold, and Rose Gold. Xiaomi has successfully created a loyal fan base in India, the previous offerings from the company lead the entry and mid market segment. If this handset launch in India under INR 20000 price bracket than it will ignite the competition to a greater extent.