After being in the news for a couple of weeks now, Xiaomi has finally launched the much awaited Mi 5X smartphone at an event in China today. The main USP of the device is its dual 12-megapixel dual rear camera set up which consists of a wide-angle optics and Telephoto lens. It has a unibody metal design with rounded edges and an anti-fingerprint coating which will offer a smooth finish and easy handling. The device thickness is just 7.3mm.
Xiaomi Mi 5X specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD LTPS display with 2.5D curved glass.
- Snapdragon 625 14nm Octa core chipset with Adreno 506 GPU clocked at 650MHz.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage (eMMC 5.0) which is further expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card.
- MIUI 8 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) upgradeable to MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM.
- 12MP rear camera with a wide-angle lens with f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED flash, a secondary 12MP camera with a telephoto lens with f/2.6 aperture.
- 5MP front-facing camera.
- The fingerprint sensor, Audio DAC.
- 3.5mm audio jack.
- 3080mAh battery.
Connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C. The device measures at 155.4×75.8×7.3mm and weighs around 165grams. The handset comes in three colour variant; Black, Gold and Rose Gold and is priced at RMB 1499( INR14284 approx.). The device will go on sale in China from August 1st.