After so many rumors and leaks, Sharp has finally announced its latest smartphone AQUOS S2 in China. The main USP of the device is its narrowest fingerprint identification module, a new iteration Qualcomm 600 series chipset i:e Snapdragon 630 and a 5.5 inches bezel-less Full HD FFD (free form display; the kind of display built on IGZO technology which increases the “on display” circuit integration).
The handset is available in two chipset variants i:e Snapdragon 630 and Snapdragon 660 and comes in two RAM and ROM variants i:e 4GB/6GB and 6GB/128GB. The phone also comes in two battery options i:e 2930mAh/3020mAh with Quick Charge 3.0 depending on the chipset configuration.
The pricing of the handset is varied from the chipset/RAM/ and ROM option i:e Snapdragon 630/4GB/64GB variant will cost around RMB 2499(INR 23,736.55 approx). While the Snapdragon 660/6GB/128GB variant will come with a price tag of RMB 3499(INR 33,235). The handset is currently available for pre-order from jd.com and will go on sale from 14th August in China.
SHARP AQUOS S2 Specifications:
- 5.5-inches Full HD LCD FFD display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 2.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 630 14nm chipset coupled with Adreno 508 GPU / 2.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm chipset coupled with Adreno 512 GPU.
- 4GB/6GB LPDDR4 RAM.
- 64GB/128GB internal storage which is further expandable memory up to 128GB via microSD card.
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- Runs on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) operating system with Smile Ux UI on the top.
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, secondary 8MP camera.
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- Fingerprint sensor embedded below the screen just 3.6mm.
- 2930mAh/ 3020mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The connectivity options include 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS and USB Type-C. The device measured at 141.8 x 72.04 x 7.9mm and weighs around 140g. Furthermore, the handset also comes in four color variants Black, White, Blue and Green.
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any editorial or advertisement query.