Motorola Moto G 3rd gen 4G LTE water resistant smartphone is now available on Flipkart to buy exclusively for Rs. 11,999 and Rs. 12,999. With Moto G 3rd Gen, Motorola is again offering the usual combination of premium specs and low price, but with added IPX7 water-resistant and the ability to customize the handset using Motorola’s official back shells and flip covers.
When Motorola first unveiled the Moto G in November 2013, it was widely admired for its low price, powerful processor and HD screen, offering a wallet-friendly substitute to some of the premium smartphones available on the market at that time.
Less than a year later, Motorola updated the device with a bigger screen, better cameras and microSD card slot, but raised the price too.
Now, the company has launched the Moto G (3rd Gen), the successor of Moto G (2nd Gen) with a 5-inch HD display with a screen resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels. Powered by a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) processor with 1.4 GHz quad-core CPU and Adreno 306 with 400 MHz GPU, the handset offers 8GB and 16GB of built-in storage (expandable up to 32GB via microSD card).
The new Moto G (3rd Gen) delivers high-quality images in any environment with a 13MP rear camera and 5MP front-facing camera. Even in low light, the ultra-fast f2.0 lens produces crystal-clear pictures, and the color-balancing dual LED flash preserves color and transparency.
In terms of software, the new Moto G 3rd Generation runs on latest Android 5.1.1 operating system out-of-the-box. Connectivity wise, the dual-SIM 4G LTE handset offers 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, A-GPS/GPS, Micro USB, 3.5mm headset jack.
The Moto G 3rd Gen features IPX7-rated protection and Corning Gorilla Glass, protecting the handset from scrapes and scratches, allowing it to be submerged in up to a meter of water for 30 minutes.
The Motorola Moto G (Gen 3) is available in an 8GB variant with 1GB of RAM priced at Rs. 11,999, and a 16GB model with 2GB of RAM priced at Rs. 12,999. The major additions to the smartphone compared to the last generation are 2GB of RAM and 4G LTE connectivity.
The Moto G (3rd Gen.) also boasts a number of enhancements that were previously only available on higher-end devices like the Moto X. Features like “Quick Capture” that allows you twist the smartphone twice to launch the camera, and the facility to quickly check notifications without wasting power using “Moto Display”.
The Moto G 3rd Generation can also be customised with Motorola’s online design studio, known as Moto Maker, which lets customers select their own covers, design “Accents” and memory options. Moto Maker was previously only available for the Moto X.
The new Moto G (3rd Gen.) is designed to last full day thanks to its 2,470mAh battery, which company touts to offer 24hrs on mixed usages.
Key Specification of Moto G (3rd Gen)
- Body Dimension: 142.1 x 72.4 x 11.6mm
- Weight: 155g (5.47 ounces)
- Display: 12.7cm (5-inch) 720p HD, 294ppi, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Processor: 1.4GHz Quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916) with 400MHz Adreno 306 GPU
- RAM: 1GB and 2GB
- Storage: 8GB or 16GB, supports up to 32GB microSD card
- Operating System: Android Lollipop 5.1.1 OS
- Camera: 13MP with dual-LED flash & Autofocus rear; 5MP front-facing
- Connectivity: 4G LTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, A-GPS/GPS, GLONASS, Micro USB, 3.5mm headset Jack, etc.
- Battery: 2,470mAh Li-Po removable battery
Exclusive Moto G (3rd Gen) Launch Offers
As an introductory offer, Motorola is offering the following with the purchase of Moto G (3rd Gen) before 2nd August, 2015.
- Extra 33% off on Myntra.
- Flipkart fashion e-gift voucher of worth Rs. 5,000 with a minimum purchase of Rs. 1,000.
- 100% cashback to 100 lucky customers.
- 100 lucky customers to get Moto 360 just at Rs. 1.
- Special upgrade offers for existing Moto E and Mot G customers.
- Airtel Double data on 4G for 6 months and free subscription of Wynk Plus for 2 months.
- Airtel Double data on 3G for 6 months and free subscription of Wynk Plus for 2 months.
Price and Availability of Moto G (3rd Gen)
The Moto G (3rd Gen) is available in two different color options: White and Black with Moto Shells and Flip Covers sold separately. Motorola has announced that the Moto G 3rd Generation will be available for purchase starting tonight exclusively from Flipkart. The 1GB RAM/8GB Storage variant is priced for Rs. 11,999 whereas 2GB/16GB variant costs 1,000 bucks more and priced at Rs. 12,999.