The much-awaited Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has been launched in New York on June 2 in black, silver, and blue coral color variants. The new smartphone ships with advanced features like fast charging, Iris scanner and cloud storage. Samsung Galaxy Note 5 was also released around the same time last year with up to 128GB internal storage. In this article, we will compare the features and specifications of both devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note 7
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 features a 5.7-inch dual-curved quad HD Super AMOLED Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protected display. The Note 7 is the first device to ship with the latest Glass 5 technology. The device offers 3500mAh battery, which is higher than the previous counterpart.
The main attraction of the Galaxy Note 7 is the addition of fast charging technology via USB Type-C port. Although this feature is not new to the smartphone world, it is unique to Samsung Galaxy Note device. The integration of Iris scanner enables you to unlock the device with your eyes.
The Galaxy Note 7 also includes new features such as Samsung Pass, Samsung Cloud for data backup, Knox for device security including the ability to charge the device wirelessly. According to company sources, the new Note 7 is 40 percent powerful than Note 5.
The new device also ships with an improved water-resistant S Pen, which can sense pressure more accurately than the previous Pen. It also provides new tools for translation and magnification. In addition to Galaxy Note 7, Samsung also released Gear Fit 2 and 256GB MicroSD. Samsung will bundle any one of them with the product package.
- 5.7-inch dual-curved quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED Gorilla Glass 5 protected display (518PPI)
- Snapdragon 820 (US) | Exynos processor (Outside US) | 4GB RAM
- 64GB UFS 2.0 internal storage
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging support
- 12-megapixel dual-pixel rear camera with OIS, f/1.7 aperture, and dual-LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing snapper with f/1.7 aperture
- Android Marshmallow
- Price: Not officially announced, Expected – Rs. 60,000
- Latest processor
- Massive storage space
- High battery
- Enhanced camera with dual-pixel technology
- Latest Android platform
- Possible Iris scanner health issues
- High price
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 features a 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protected display. You will not be able to experience curved display like in the recently released Note 7. The device shipped with S Pen, which enables you to enhance the productivity by keeping a tab on the ideas, goals, and dreams.
The Galaxy Note 5 includes 16MP rear camera, which is higher than 12MP camera in the Note 7. However, there is no difference in the front camera.
Talking about the power, the Galaxy Note 5 has a 3000mAh battery, which is lower than the 3500mAh in the new Note 7. The addition of fast charging technology is an added advantage. The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 comes with 4GB RAM with three different storage capacities such as 32GB, 64GB, and 128GB.
With Galaxy Note 5, you will be able to share special moments via live video broadcast feature. You can also share multiple videos in a single collage. The handset is available in Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, and Silver Titanium color variants.
- 5.7-inch dual-curved quad HD (2560 x 1440) Super AMOLED Gorilla Glass 4 protected display (518PPI)
- Exynos 7420 processor | 4GB RAM
- 32/64/128GB internal storage
- 3000mAh battery
- 16-megapixel dual-pixel rear camera with OIS, f/1.9 aperture, and dual-LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing snapper with f/1.9 aperture
- Android 5.1.1 Lollipop (Upgradeable to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)
- Price: Rs. 45,550
- Big display
- 16MP camera
- Android Lollipop
We recommend Samsung Galaxy Note 7 because the device features curved display, improved processor, and storage. Moreover, the device offers a 3500mAh battery with fast and wireless charging support. It also comes with the latest Android platform, which brings in several new features to your desk.