Xiaomi today announced the successor to their immensely popular Redmi Note 5 Pro, the Redmi Note 6 Pro in India. The newer offering now has a taller 6.23-inch display with a notch and dual selfie shooter. The camera set up on the back remains the same as that of the last generation with a minor change in the main camera aperture. Both the front and back cameras have AI features including AI portrait and AI scene recognition. The rear camera can recognize scenes in 32 categories, including 5 which are India specific, and the front camera can detect 12 categories.
Other specifications are almost same to that of the Redmi Note 5 Pro, including Snapdragon 636 with up to 6GB of RAM, Dual 4G VoLTE, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, and a 4000mAh battery. The phone supports Quick Charge 3.0+ out of the box but Xiaomi isn’t bundling a fast charger with the smartphone.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro specifications
- 6.23-inch (2280×1080 pixels) FHD+ display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 processor with Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 10
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, EIS, secondary 5MP camera
- 20MP front-facing camera, secondary 2MP camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 6 Pro comes in Black, Blue, Rose Gold, and Red colours, is priced at Rs. 13,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 15,999. The phone goes on sale starting tomorrow on Flipkart, Mi.com and Mi Homes. For the Black Friday sale tomorrow, November 23rd at 12 noon across these platforms, the phone will be available for Rs. 12,999 for the 4GB version and Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB version.