PM Modi has discontinued the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes from November 8 midnight. People had the option to withdraw the Rs. 100 note from the ATM till November 8 end of the day as banks and ATMs will remain shut for two days i.e. November 9 and November 10. The government will soon replace them with Rs. 500 and Rs. 2000 currency notes.
For three days, the discontinued currency can be used in hospitals, petrol stations and railway stations. After that, anyone with that currency can go to the bank, post office and RBI and get them replaced. The government has given 50 days windows to deposit the Rs. 500 and Rs. 1000 currency notes in the bank, till December. The option to use Debit card and Creditcard is still open.
Well, we know that the need of cash can not be ruled out, but things can be managed to a certain extent using online payment option likes Paytm and Mobikwik. Let’s see where all can we use these online payment options.
- If you use cab service for travelling like Ola Cabs and Uber, use the fare using Paytm or Mobikwik.
- Try ordering food from restaurants that have online payment option like Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc. If case you are placing an order through Swiggy, Zomato, Food Panda, etc., pay online.
- Shopping is already sorted with Myntra, Amazon and Flipkart like e-shopping portals. I feel for those who prefer retail shopping over online shopping.
- Paying at movie plex is also not a big deal since there are BookMyShow and Paytm to book tickets of your favourite shows cashlessly.
- Grocery shopping is also easy with BigBasket, Grofers and more such sites.
People are requested not to panic, and things will soon get back to normal once we get our hands on the new currency. Here’s a look at what the new notes will look like: