Xiaomi just brought the Mi A2 to India after announcing it in Spain a couple of weeks back. The successor of Mi A1, the A2 packs a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display with dual rear cameras, a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.75 aperture along with a 20-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture depth information. The smartphone is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 660 chipset with 3,010 mAh battery.
The Mi A2 runs Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box with the Android 9 Pie update to land by the end of this year. The phone has a unibody metal design with the fingerprint sensor placed on the back and the USB Type C port on the bottom. There is support for Quick Charge 4.0 but you have to buy the fast charger separately.
One thing to note here is the A2 doesn’t comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack and the micro-SD card slot is also sadly missing.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash & EIS, 20MP secondary camera sensor
- 20MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Lake Blue, Gold, Rose Gold and Black colors is priced at INR 16,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB RAM version with 6GB RAM and 128GB storage variant to be available soon. The phone will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow, August 9th on mi.com and Amazon.in with orders shipping next week.