After making its global debut a few days back, Nokia officially announced the Nokia 8.1 in the Indian market today. The phone is the successor to the immensely popular Nokia 7 Plus. Going by the same design, the phone comes with a glass sandwich build. The phone packs a 6.18-inch Full HD+ 18.7:9 aspect ratio Pureview display which is HDR10 compliant. The phone runs on Android 9 Pie out of the box and is powered by the new Snapdragon 710 processor.
It has a 12-megapixel rear camera rear camera with ZEISS optics, Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, OIS along with a 13-megapixel secondary camera for portrait shots and zoom. There is a 20-megapixel front camera with f/2.0 aperture. Nokia has implemented AI as well and which in the camera app can detect up to 18 scenes. There is a 3500mAh battery with support for 18W fast charging.
Nokia 8.1 specifications
- 6.18-inch FHD+ Pureview display with 18.7:9 aspect ratio
- Octa Core Snapdragon 710 processor
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 4GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM, 64GB storage, expandable up to 400GB via microSD
- Android 9.0 (Pie), Android One
- 12MP rear camera, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 13MP secondary rear camera, f/2.2 aperture, ZEISS optics, dual-tone LED flash
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 5mm audio jack, Nokia OZO Stereo Audio recording
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3500mAh battery with fast charging
The Nokia 8.1 comes in Blue/Silver, Steel/Copper, Iron/Steel color and is priced at INR 26,999. The phone goes on pre-order starting today on Amazon.in and Nokia.com and goes on sale from December 21st.