Garmin International, Inc., a unit of Garmin Ltd. (NASDAQ: GRMN), today announced the Venu Sq 2 and Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition in India, the most affordable GPS smartwatches equipped with all-day health monitoring, fitness tracking, and connected features. With a view to provide consumers a more detailed picture of their active & healthy lifestyle, Garmin’s Venu Sq 2 series offers a sleek rectangular watch face, with 17% increased screen size (as compared to its predecessor), bright easy-to-read AMOLED display, and a touchscreen for quick access to health stats, 25+ built-in sports apps, smart notifications, and more.
Furthermore, with an increased battery life of 83% (as compared to its predecessor) that can run up to 11 days in smartwatch mode, the Venu Sq 2 and Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition enable users to monitor health metrics 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and gives a complete sleep quality analysis, stress, Body Battery™, and activity levels with new generation sensor. For those who want to take their music on the go, the Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition includes on-device music storage for up to 500 songs for phone-free listening.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Sky Chen, Regional Director of Garmin India & Southeast Asia said, ‘We are excited to expand our fitness-tracking smartwatch range with additions to Venu series that upholds Garmin’s high standards of functionality at an accessible price point to our customers in India. Packed with bright AMOLED display, popular health and wellness features, smart notifications, and an impressive battery life – the Venu Sq 2 series have the broadest range of 24/7 health monitoring features available in the market. No matter what your day holds, the new Venu Sq 2 series makes it easy to stay on top of your well-being all day, every day.’
Health Monitoring Enhancements
- Wrist-based heart rate: Track heart rate 24/7 and receive abnormal heart rate alerts (high/low) when the body is at rest
- Women’s health tracking: With the help of Garmin Connect™ smartphone app, track a menstrual cycle or pregnancy
- Body Battery energy monitoring: View current energy levels to find the best times for activity and rest
- Sleep monitoring and sleep score: The latest and most advanced sleep tracking that combines information from multiple sensors to provide a comprehensive assessment of sleep. Features like, personalized score for last night’s sleep and view the different sleep stages as well as heart rate, stress, Pulse Ox2 and respiration data is available
- Stress tracking: Insights on how balanced or stressful the day has been and receive relax reminders when stress is detected.
- Health Snapshot: Log a 2-minute session to record key metrics like heart rate, heart rate variability, Pulse Ox, respiration and stress delivered on the watch itself or in the Garmin Connect app
Built-in sports apps and fitness features: The Venu Sq 2 series is made to keep up with an active lifestyle, with 25+ preloaded GPS and indoor sports apps – including walking, running, cycling, tennis and more – it’s easy to switch up a workout. It even includes preloaded cardio, strength, yoga, HIIT and Pilates workouts. Venu SQ2 is a sought after watch for those who enjoy HIIT workouts, it allows to track key metrics and allows users to set the number of rounds, work/rest intervals and more.
Using the Garmin Connect app, users can choose from dozens of additional pre-made workouts or create their own using more than 1,600 exercises, then download them straight to the watch. The Garmin Venu Sq 2 smartwatch is a must-have accessory for everyone who values their health and fitness.
Directly from the wrist, receive text messages and view social media updates, emails and more when the watch is paired with an iOS or Android™ smartphone. Safety and tracking features allow users to send their live location to chosen emergency contacts – or automatically send a message if an incident is detected. Users with the Venu Sq 2 – Music Edition can store up to 500 songs right on the watch, including playlists from Amazon Music and Spotify® (subscription required). What’s more, users can download select apps, watch faces and more from the Connect IQ™ Store right on the watch, or find more options in the smartphone app.