According to the latest tweet from the Android creator, Andy Rubin clarifies that the company will start shipping their first flagship smartphone; The Essential Phone in few week. The handset is priced at $699 (INR 45057) and comes in four colors variants: Black Moon, Stellar Grey, Pure White and Ocean Depths. The phone is currently going through certification and testing phase with several U.S. and international carriers.
The Essential Phone Specifications:
- 5.7-inch QHD display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- 2.45GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Octa core processor
- 4GB RAM
- 128GB internal storage
- Fingerprint Sensor
- 13MP Dual RGB + Mono camera with image fusion technology, 13MP True Monochrome mode f/1.85 lens.
- 8MP front camera with f/2.20 fixed hyper focal lens.
- 4x microphones with noise cancellation and beam forming.
- Dimensions: 141.5mm x 71.1mm x 7.8mm; Weight: 185 grams.
- 3,040 mAh battery with fast charging.
We’ve been working around the clock to get our first device in your hands. See this update from Andy. pic.twitter.com/bm5xm5XRKS
— Essential (@essential) July 21, 2017
Andy Ruben introduced the handset in the month of May and created enough buzz in the tech world regarding its aesthetics and camera capabilities. The device will feel the heat of competition, as it is placed in the flagship market segment against the like of Apple, Samsung, and LG. But we hope that it’s beautiful design, power pack camera, and top notch hardware will rock the high-end market segment.