Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air was recently launched in China with thin metal body powered by the latest Intel processors in two different variants. Lenovo also launched its competitor to both Mi Notebook and MacBook by unveiling a 13.3-inch laptop with a fingerprint sensor. However, Mi Notebook includes advanced features, which we will cover shortly. In this piece, we will compare the features and specifications of both laptops.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air features a Nvidia GeForce 940MX discrete graphics card, 8GB RAM and 256GB of SSD drive. Moreover, you will be able to extend the storage by integrating additional SSD drive by up to 256GB. According to Xiaomi, the Mi Notebook Pro enables you to play games such as Dota 2 at 85 frames-per-second at Full HD resolution.
Manufactured in Aluminium, the Mi Notebook Air provides an ability to unlock via the Mi Band 2 through Bluetooth v4.1 connectivity. The company also announced a 12.5-inch variant of the laptop, which is slightly thinner and lighter at 12.9 mm with a weight of 1.07 kg. However, the 12.5-inch model lacks dedicated graphics and has low RAM and storage space.
As of writing this, Xiaomi will only sell the Mi Notebook Air in China from August 2 starting at 3499 Yuan.
Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air Specifications
- 13.3-inch FHD IPS display
- Intel Core i5-6200U, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- Nvidia GeForce 940MX discrete graphics card (2GB)
- USB Type-C port, 2x USB 3.0, 1x HDMI, 3.5mm audio port
- 40Wh battery – 9.5 hours battery life
- Price: 4999 Yuan ($750, Rs. 50375)
- 12.5-inch FHD IPS display
- Intel Core-M processor, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD
- 11.5 hours battery life
- Price: 3499 Yuan ($525, Rs. 35,260)
- Fast charging
- USB 3.0 port
- Capability to expand storage
- Huge battery life
- Less display – would prefer a 15.6-inch
- Non-availability in India
- Possibility of heating during charging
Lenovo Air 13 Pro
Lenovo Air Pro features both 13.3-inch and 12.5-inch display sizes with Intel Core processors. The laptop offers fingerprint technology, which is missing in Mi Notebook Pro. Lenovo Air 13 also includes the same graphics card as Mi Notebook. Lenovo also offers a capability to expand storage via an additional SSD slot.
The 12.5-inch model of Lenovo Air 13 Pro offers 4GB RAM paired with a low battery capacity. We don’t have exact specifications of the 12.5-inch variant of Air 13 Pro except the fact that it has a 40Wh battery.
Lenovo Air 13 Pro Specifications
- 13.3-inch IPS FHD display
- Intel Core i5-6200U processor (Core i7 model also available)
- 4GB RAM, 256GB storage
- Nvidia GeForce GTX940MX GDDR5 GPU (2GB)
- Fingerprint technology
- 46Wh battery
- Price: CNY 4999 (Rs. 51,400)
- Latest processor
- Large storage space
- Fingerprint technology
- High cost for a low display size laptop
At this point of time, both Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air and Lenovo Air 13 Pro are not available in India. However, we expect Xiaomi to unveil Mi Notebook within the next few days. We recommend Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro because it offers great display and lag free performance coupled with a sleek design at an affordable price. If you are a big fan of a fingerprint, you can consider Lenovo Air. Otherwise, Xiaomi Mi Notebook is our preferred choice.