On November 8, PM Modi made a historic announcement that startled everyone; ban on 500 and 1000 rupees currency notes. The initiative to curb black money menace is being appreciated by a major section of the population (national as well as international) while a small section is still against it; even after 49 days. The whole setup of moving towards making a cashless society which will bring transparency in the economy.
While the government is trying to supply with fresh currency notes, the cash crush is still prevalent in almost all parts of the country. Though we can still go for the online payment option that eradicates the need to keep cash with you. You can pay for groceries, dairy products, shop at malls, pay bills and more all without cash. The need of cash can not be ruled out, but things can be managed to a greater extent using online payment option likes Paytm and Mobikwik. Here are some measures to survive without cash during demonetization.
- If you use cab service for traveling like Ola Cabs and Uber, pay the fare using Paytm and Mobikwik.
- Try ordering food from restaurants that have online payment option like Dominos, Pizza Hut, etc. Apps like Swiggy, Zomato, Food Panda, etc. offer home delivery from almost all restaurants in your area and also have the online payment option.
- Shopping is already sorted with Myntra, Amazon, Flipkart like e-shopping portals. I feel for those who prefer retail shopping over online shopping.
- Paying at movie plex is also not a big deal since there are BookMyShow and Paytm to book tickets of your favorite shows cashlessly.
- Grocery shopping is also easy with BigBasket, Grofers, and more such sites.
- Bill payments is easy through your mobile with Paytm, Freecharge, and Mobikwik like payment wallets.
Another benefit of using mobile payment is you get exciting deals. One such website that offers latest deals is LatestIndiandeals.in. Other than regular discounts on shopping sites, you can discover further deals on websites like Shopclues, Myntra, Paytm, Freecharge, etc o save more bucks.