Just like last year, OnePlus is again going Virtual with the launch of OnePlus 3 on 14th of June. Last year, they made the Google Cardboard available for the launch but this year they have released OnePlus Loop VR headset powered by ANT VR. We bought the OnePlus Loop VR on its first flash sale. Like us, rest of the 29,999 buyers of the first sale must have received the OnePlus Loop VR headset by now and discovered that there is no dedicated app available on Google Play store except the OnePlus 3 launch event app as of now.
There are lots of other VR apps available on Google Play Store to make a good use of your Loop VR headset. Before we talk about setting up the headset to experience VR, let me take you through the steps to watch OnePlus 3 live event on 14th June.
- Pick up your phone and download the OnePlus 3 Launch app.
- Launch the app and insert your phone inside the front holder of Loop VR.
- Now you will be able to see the OnePlus 3 launch event in 360 degrees.
- From there, you will get to know about buying process of the OnePlus 3 VR.
This is only one of the uses of the OnePlus Loop VR. Let me tell you how you can use this VR headset for other purposes. You can play 360-degree games and see 3D videos. Caaaaardboard! is a paid game on Google Play store to download and play easily.
How to play Caaaaardboard! game on OnePlus Loop VR:
caaaaaardboard! is a VR-based game with a simple dodging the obstacles and collect the points gameplay. To play the game read the instructions below:
- Download the Caaaaardboard! from the Google Play store.
- Launch the game from the app drawer.
- Insert the phone into the OnePlus VR holder and wear it on your head.
- Now you have to move your head so that the “crosshair” points the “Play” button. Wait till it gets selected.
- Now enjoy the game.
Full Dive VR is a great app for watching 360 degrees videos on your VR headset using your smartphone. Fulldive VR had a huge library of 360 degrees videos to watch videos, you can also download the videos or directly stream them over the internet. Fulldive VR had a great user interface with which you can control playing videos, seek them play them and navigate through the main menu.
InMind VR is another VR game from Nival which takes you to a never-ending journey inside a brain. This game is fully controllable using your head motions, you just need to align the crosshair with buttons to navigate through the main menu and play the game. The gameplay is that you are in a brain and fixing the neurons which is causing the mental disorder.
How to watch 360 degrees videos on OnePlus Loop VR:
OnePlus Loop VR will enable you to watch 360 degrees videos from Youtube. YouTube had thousands of 360 degrees videos to watch, just follow the instructions below to watch them for free:
- On your phone, open the YouTube app and subscribe to the “360° Videos” channel.
- Now play any of the videos from the channel and insert your smartphone to the front holder of the VR headset.
- Wear the VR headset on your head and enjoy the video.
When you move your head, the video will move accordingly which gives a great effect of being there (inside the video).
Your phone should have gyroscope sensor to play the games and watch the 360 degrees videos. When you want to exit the app, just remove your phone from the VR and exit the game from your phone. There are lots of more exciting apps for your Loop VR, just stay tuned to PC-Tablet to know about them.