Motorola has rolled out Android 7.0 Nougat update to Moto M smartphone in India. The handset was launched in December last year with Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS. The new Nougat update comes with build XT1663_S356_170621_ROW and is now gradually rolling to Moto M users in India.
The update has just started rolling out, so in case you didn’t get a system notification, you can follow the below-mentioned steps to see if you have got the update.
- Manually check for the update by going to Settings ->About Phone -> Software Update.
- Make sure that battery of the phone is at least 50 percent charged.
- Make sure that device has over 2GB of free storage space, as the updates size is around 1499MB.
- Connect to your stable Wi-Fi network.
Since the update is being rolled out over-the-air, it may take some time before it comes to your device
Android Nougat update brings in a bunch of new features which are as follow:
- Split-screen multitasking
- More customizable quick settings
- Improved Google keyboard
- Enhanced notifications
- Recent applications window.
- ‘Double Tap’ feature in which users can switch between the two most recent apps by double tapping the Recent button.
- ‘Doze on the go’ feature for extended battery life.
The Moto M was the popular device, and it sports 5.5 inches Full HD Super AMOLED display, powered by the MediaTek Helio P15 SoC clocked at 2.2 GHz coupled with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU. The device was 4G VoLTE and comes in two variants – 3GB RAM with 32GB and 4GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage respectively. The handset also enriched by the fingerprint sensor, 16MP rear camera, 8MP front camera, Bluetooth, NFC and USB Type-C.