Xiaomi has launched the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the Redmi series, the Redmi 6 Pro. The phones comes with a 5.84-inch FHD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and is powered by Snapdragon 625 with up to 4GB of RAM. The phone runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9 on top out of the box with the MIUI 10 update to follow soon.
The phone has a 12-megapixel rear camera with flash along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera for AI portraits and AI scene detection. There is also a 5-megapixel front camera with AI portrait. Redmi 6 Pro packs a 4000mAh battery.
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro specifications
- 5.84-inch (2280×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 display
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 processor
- Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with MIUI 9, upgradable to MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 12MP rear camera, LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25um pixel size, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture, EIS, secondary 5MP camera, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro comes in Red, Blue, Gold and Black colors, is priced at INR 10,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs INR 12,999. The phone will be available exclusively from Amazon.in as well as Mi.com starting from September 11th.