After almost a two year gap, Apple finally announced the new MacBook Pro range with a new feature called Touch Bar. Though in the process, Apple also removed some of the key features you’d expect from a laptop. Since the 2016 MacBook Pro launch, the company has received immense criticism from fans and industry experts alike — owing to the lack of basic connectivity features in its newest MacBook Pro range.
Hence, we’ve compiled a handy list of some of the best alternatives the newly launched port-less MacBook Pro.
2017 Dell XPS 15
Dell just announced its 2017 XPS 15 range of laptops featuring seventh generation Intel Kaby lake processors. Starting at $999 for the base model, the refreshed XPS 15 is now available for purchase in the US. You get all the connectivity features such as HDMI, 3.5mm headphone jack, 2 USB 3.0 ports, SD card reader, and Thunderbolt 3.
- 7th gen Intel Core i3, Intel Core i5, and Intel Core i7
- 8GB RAM, 16GB RAM, or 32GB RAM
- Intel HD Graphics 630 or NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 with 4GB GDDR5 video RAM
- upto 1TB SSD storage
Lenovo Yoga Book
Lenovo Yoga Book is a hybrid notebook from Lenovo featuring a 10.1 inches full HD display. Its comes with a Halo keyboard, which comes alive as soon you power-on the device. The flat keyboard surface essentially acts as an alternative to touchscreen and relies on haptic feedback. It also comes with a stylus for taking notes or creating doodles, as the keyboard area can be used for drawing when not in use. Connectivity options on the Lenovo Yoga Book include a microUSB port, a microSD slot and mini HDMI.
- Windows 10/ Android OS
- Intel Atom x5-Z8550 quad-core processor
- 10.1 full HD IPS multi-touch display
- 4 GB RAM
- 64 GB storage, expandable using Micro SD card
- 8 MP rear and 5 MP front facing camera
- 8500 mAh battery
HP Spectre is perhaps the thinnest, and the most powerful laptops currently available in the market. It weighs-in a mere 1,1 kilos, and packs the Intel Core i5 and i7 processors. Besides, you get all the connectivity which the MacBook Pro 2016 is deprived of such as USB Type A port, SD card slot and an HDMI port.
- 13-inch FullHD IPS display
- 6th gen Intel Core processors
- upto 8GB of RAM
- 3 X USB Type-C ports including two Thunderbolt ports
Razer Blade Stealth
Razer Blade Stealth is all about enormous power in a small shell. At just 0.5-inch thickness and 1.2 kgs in weight, there are still no compromises on power. Besides, its let you attach a full-fledged desktop graphics cards raises its gaming capabilities exponentially.
- 12.5-inch Quad HD (2,560 x 1,440) display
- Intel Core i7 dual-core processor
- 128 GB/256 GB/512 GB/1 TB SSD options
- 16 GB RAM
- USB port
Microsoft Surface Book
Microsoft has refreshed its Surface Book range, but even its last year’s model can easily hold on its own against the new MacBook Pro. It features a detachable keyboard and comes with the Surface Pen, making it ideal for office or personal use. Microsoft calls it the “most powerful” laptop yet, and we would gleefully accept that claim. The Surface Book comes with the latest Intel processors along with the Nvidia GeForce GTX 965M graphics card, that makes it one heck of beast. Not to forget, you also get the classic USB Ports and an SD card which you won’t find in the 2016 MacBook Pro.
- 13.5 inches Pixel Sense display, 3000 X 2000 and 267 ppi
- 8 GB / 16 GB RAM
- 6th Generation Intel Core i5 or i7
- Windows 10 Pro
- 128 GB/ 256 GB/ 512 GB/ 1 TB SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce with 1 GB DDR5 memory
- Up to 12 hours of video playback
Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any editorial or advertisement query.