In the early 2000s, a hard disk capacity of 1GB or 2GB was considered to be top-spec and towards the end of the decade, we saw hard disk sizes reach around 100GB. Back in those days, people were not worried about the hard disk capacity on their computers, because most of us did not much information on it anyway.
However, fast forward to the current generation, almost all computers come with at least 1TB (1000GB) of hard disk capacity as standard, and most of us do not find it sufficient enough as we store lots and lots of both personal and official data on our computer.
With lots of sensitive and personal data being stored virtually on hard drives and storage devices, there is always a risk of losing the data either by damaging/corrupting the drive or by accidentally deleting it. To minimize the risk of losing data without any hope, it is always important that you have a data recovery tool installed on your computer at all times.
Talking about the Windows in specific, there are lots of data recovery software tools available for the operating system. However, most of the tools out there is either way too expensive to justify the purchase or comes with severe limitations in terms of the type and size of data that can be recovered using the tool.
For those looking for a budget-friendly and feature-rich data recovery tool for Windows, the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows software is a great choice.
To give you a better understanding of the software, today we will be reviewing the Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows software in detail so that you can decide for yourself whether it is a right choice or not.
Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows Review
We will be focusing on the following aspects of the software in this article:
- Installation and Activation
- User Interface
Installation and Activation
Installing the software on any Windows machine is identical to installing any other software on the operating system. Anyway, to help you out better, below are the procedures to install the Stellar Data Recovery Professional on Windows operating system.
- Visit the official Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows download page by clicking here. After the web page loads up, you will be able to see two buttons, namely “Free Download” and “Buy Now”. The “Free Download” button lets you download a demo version of the software which lets you scan any storage media connected to your computer and preview lost/deleted files from them. However, to actually recover any data, you will have to buy the premium version which can be done by clicking on the “Buy Now” button.
- If you click on the “Buy Now” button, a new tab will open on your browser where you will have to enter some personal as well as payment information in order to proceed with the purchase. After the purchase is successfully completed, you will receive an email on the address that you provided in your personal details. The email will feature the activation key code for the premium version.
- To download the installer of the software, click on the “Free Download” button which will then download an “.EXE” file of the installer to your computer. After the download is completed successfully, click on the “.EXE” file to begin the installation of the software.
- The installation is similar to any other software, you have to accept the terms and conditions, select a drive to install the software, and proceed with the installation.
- After the installation, a new Stellar Data Recovery Professional launch icon will appear on the desktop.
- Double-click on this icon to launch the software.
- After the software window opens up, you will be able to see a few menu icons in the top left corner. Among the icons, click on the one that depicts a profile picture and a new pop-up box will appear. Enter the activation code you received via email in the space provided and click on the “Activate” button to enjoy the full premium version of the software.
And that is it. You have now successfully downloaded, installed, and activated the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software on Windows.
Despite being a “Professional” tool, the software is not only designed to be used by people who are knowledged about recovering data from a storage drive or hard drive. Even if you are an amateur using a data recovery tool for the first time on Windows, exploring the software and using its features will not at all be a hassle for you.
The software is aimed at letting users recover data quickly with a minimum number of clicks, which makes it ideal for any type of users. Moreover, all the options are labeled properly which makes it easier to understand the function of each button and option.
In this section, we will quickly go through the various features of the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software that makes it an ideal data recovery tool for Windows.
- Ability to recover data from a hard disk, CD/DVD or any storage drive connected to the computer.
- Scan and recover data from disk images or any specific folder or location of your choice.
- Recover any type of files such as word documents, PPT, excel sheets, emails, images, audio, video, etc.
- Support for any type of drives with NTFS, FAT, or ex-FAT partitions.
- Find missing partitions that were accidentally deleted or corrupted.
- Preview option to view the files scanned and recovered by the software before restoring them back to the computer.
- Ability to select the individual files that you wish to recover back to your computer.
- SMART Drive Monitoring and Cloning allow users to monitor vital attributes of a storage drive to predict if it has a risk of getting corrupted or damaged. Moreover, you can also easily replicate the data on a storage drive to reduce the risks of data loss.
- Create images of storage drives to load up as per your requirements.
- Free and frequent updates are pushed by the developers to resolve any issues with the software and improve the experience.
- 24*5 free technical support.
- 30-day money-back guarantee in case you are not satisfied with the software.
- No limitation in terms of the size or type of data that can be recovered.
The Stellar Data Recovery Professional software is priced at $79.99 for a single year license.
However, if you are interested in repairing photos and videos from badly corrupted storage sectors, then you may go with the “Premium” version of the software priced at $99.99.
There is also a “Technician” version of the software available for $199 which comes with support for 3 systems, where the previous two versions only have support for a single system. The “Technician” version can also be used to recover data from RAID drives.
How to Recover Data Using Stellar Data Recovery Professional for Windows?
Below are the steps required to actually recover data using the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software on any Windows system.
- Launch the Stellar Data Recovery Professional tool on the computer.
- Within the software window, pick the type of data you wish to recover. If you wish to recover all types of data, tick the “All Data” option at the top.
- Now, click on the “Next” button in the bottom right corner of the window.
- Now select the hard disk, CD/DVD, external storage drive, disk images, or any folder of your choice where you wish to perform the scanning and recover files. After selection, click on the “Scan” button in the bottom right corner.
- You now have to wait until the scan is fully completed. It may take some time depending on the size and recoverable files on the selected drive.
- After the scan is completed, you will get a “Success” message along with details on the files that can be recovered.
- Select the files/folders (or all of them) that you wish to recover and select the location to store the recovered files/folders.
And that is it. You have now successfully scanned and recovered deleted/corrupted files on your Windows computer.
The Stellar Data Recovery Professional and Stellar Data Recovery Premium version for Windows is an easy-to-use and budget-friendly tool perfect for those who do not want to be overwhelmed by lots of options and buttons but want to successfully recover all types of files/folders on their Windows computer.
We hope you found the above article informative and helpful. If you have tried out the Stellar Data Recovery Professional software on Windows, then leave your valuable thoughts and reviews as comments below.