How many times have you accidentally deleted any file or folder on your Android smartphone? It also doesn’t have any recycle bin for you to grab deleted files; once it is removed, it’s gone forever. On computers, we have lots of software to recover the deleted data but on Android?
Now we have a solution for these type of accidents, and that is Undeleter. This is an app to recover data from your Android smartphone. Undeleter comes with a simple and minimal user interface which lets you recover your data using an easy wizard.
These apps need root permission to recover deleted files. So if your phone is not rooted, then the app won’t work on your phone. Rooting your phone is risky, it might brick your device or void the warranty, so root your phone at your own risk and with proper instructions.
Undeleter not only recovers your deleted data files but also recovers call logs, SMS messages, WhatsApp and Viber chats. The Undeleter can only let you recover your image files but for recovering videos or other files of this format, you need to unlock the feature for Rs. 270, which will also remove the full-screen advertisements while recovering the files.
Steps to recover data using Undeleter app:
- Install Undeleter from here.
- Launch the Undeleter app from all apps.
- Select the type of file to recover and tap on Scan.
- It will ask you where to scan for the file, just select storage and tap on Next.
- Undeleter will start to scan the whole selected storage and show you the results.
- Select the desired file, and the Undeleter will show you the preview of that file (is possible).
- To recover that file, tap on the floppy icon on the top-right corner.
- It will ask you the location to save that file (ignore for default location), click on Recover.
There are lot many apps available to recover data, like Disk Digger and GT Recovery. The procedure for both these apps is same. Try them too and share your experiences with us.
Another method to recover your data from Android phone is using a Mac or Windows PC. Dr. Fone for Android is a software for your Mac or Windows PC. Follow the steps below to recover your data using Dr. Fone for Android:
- Connect your Android device to your PC.
- Begin analyzing and scanning the data on your device.
- Preview and recover the data you need.
- After preview, select the files you want to recover and click on “Recover” to save them on your PC.
Download Dr. Fone for Android (Windows PC, Mac | Paid) (46.5 MB)