Realme today launched the successor to their popular Realme 1 smartphone called the Realme 2. The Realme 2 has a 6.2-inch HD+ 19:9 aspect ratio display with a notch and 88.8% screen-to-body ratio and is powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 processor with a 3/32GB and 4/64GB memory configuration.
The phone runs ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 and has a fingerprint this time around. Talking about the optics, the phone has 13-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 2-megapixel camera for portrait shot and 8-megapixel front camera with AI beautify features.
For the 2nd-generation product, Realme has improved the Diamond Design with improved reflecting effect and 12-layer nano tech. The phone also has a massive 4,250 mAh battery.
Realme 2 specifications
- 2-inch (1520 x 720 pixels) 18:9 FullView display
- Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 processor with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- ColorOS 5.1 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, secondary 2MP camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size
- Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, USB OTG
- 4250mAh battery
The Realme 2 is priced at INR 8,990 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs INR 10,990. The Diamond Black and Red will go on sale on Flipkart.com starting September 4th. The Diamond Blue version will be available in October. The company also teased the Realme 2 Pro will be launched in September.