Chinese smartphone brand OnePlus has rolled out yet another update to its flagship smartphones OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T. The OxygenOS 4.1.7 update comes with touch latency improvement, battery optimization, and Android security patch for August. The OnePlus officials have promised that this update will enhance the system fluidity to the greater level. Notably, This touch latency issue has been bothering the OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphone users since last year.
OnePlus taking touch latency bug as a high priority task for them after getting negative feedbacks from their customers. As the co-founder of OnePlus, Carl Pie tweet on Tuesday that “Saw some confusion about this: OxygenOS 4.1.7 for 3/3T does indeed come with touch latency improvements.” Also, this update also fixes the issue regarding a sound channel error that popped up while executing video recording.
This latest update for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T will fix the call issue bug where calls automatically routed to speaker accidentally by some third-party apps. Moreover, OxygenOS 4.1.7 update also resolve the third party App Locker issue which previously spotted when a third party app was able to bypass the app locker application offered by OnePlus. This seems to be a minor issue fix, but in the long term, it always bothered the users to take full benefit of the App.
There is an another important concern for the OnePlus 3 and 3T users that Google proprietary app Hangout will be removed if users never updated it from PlayStore. So, it is highly recommended to follow that instruction to save your Hangout credentials. To bring this update on your phone, please follow this instruction precisely.
- Download OxygenOS 4.1.7 OTA zip file (OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T) and save it on your internal phone memory.
- Switch off your device and boot into the Recovery mode.
- To boot OnePlus 3 into recovery mode press and hold ‘Power + Volume Down’ button.
- Now phone boots into the Stock recovery.
- Select ‘Apply Update’ and ‘Choose from Internal Storage‘.
- Browse the OTA zip file and save on your phone.
- Select the zip file, and it will Install OxygenOS 4.1.7 OTA update file on your OnePlus 3/3T devices
- Wait until the process complete and then reboot your device.
OnePlus has already promised to roll out Android 8.0 Oreo update to OnePlus 3 and 3T users in the coming days.