Lenovo-owned Motorola has started rolling out Android 7.0 Nougat update to its Moto X Style smartphone in India. The latest update will bring the range of features like Doze enhancements, multi-window functionalities, Revamped Notifications, Data Saver mode and more. This latest update will be available to all the devices in next couple of days.
The update will be rolled out over-the-air (OTA). However, before updating your device, users have to make sure that battery should at least have 50% battery charged and did not power off the handset during the upgrade process. In the case you haven’t got the update notification, you can manually check by heading to Settings > About device > System updates. The Android 7.0 is also expected to bring along the latest security patch to the Moto X Style, though there is no mention of it in the change log.
As this is a major OS upgrade, users are advised to keep enough space in the internal storage for the update. Below listed are some of the features of the Android 7.0 Nougat.
- Quick settings icon customization in the pull-down menu.
- Data saver mode prevents some apps from sending background data and saving battery life.
- Select different wallpapers for the home screen and lock screen.
- Change the size of icons and text.
- Work mode toggles a corporate work profile off and on.
- Android TV only: DVR capabilities and picture-in-picture.