The Chinese smartphone maker Meizu is made its India comeback a grand affair by launching three new smartphones along with a bunch of accessories. Since abruptly seizing operations last year, the only smartphone we saw from the brand was the Meizu Pro 7 which wasn’t able to make a mark among the buyers due to some factors.
Meziu at their press event today in New Delhi, brought their flagship, the Meizu 16th along with two budget smartphones, the M6T and C9. The naming seems all over the place.
Their newest flagship, the 16th features a 6-inch Full HD+ display with an impressive with 91.18% screen-to-body ratio. The panel used here is a Super AMOLED sourced from Samsung. The phone is powered by Snapdragon 845 with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. To tackle the heating issues, Meizu has added a copper cooling tube which we have seen on some flagships in the past.
There is also an addition of the in-display fingerprint scanner, a technology that is slowly being adopted by a bunch of OEM’s. On the imaging front, the 16th packs a 12MP (f/1.8 aperture)(Sony IMX380) + 20MP (f/2.6 aperture) (Sony IMX350) dual camera at the back and a 20MP front-facing camera with a f/2.0 aperture.
Meizu 16th specifications
- 6-inch Full HD+ Super AMOLED display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 Mobile Platform
- Adreno 630 GPU
- 8GB RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) internal storage
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Flyme OS
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, Sony IMX380 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, secondary 20MP telephoto lens, Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture
- 6-LED ring LED flash
- 4-axis OIS, PDAF, Laser auto-focus
- 20MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- AI face unlock
- In-display fingerprint sensor
- 5mm audio jack, dual speakers
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2 x 2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery with mCharge fast charging
The Meizu M6T is one of the two budget smartphones also announced at the event today. The M6T packs a 5.7-inch HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio. It is powered by a 1.5 GHz Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor along with 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The phone has a 13-megapixel rear camera along with a 2-megapixel secondary sensor to capture depth data, and on the front, there is an 8-megapixel selfie shooter.
Meizu M6T specifications
- 7-inch HD+ 18:9 display
- Octa-Core MediaTek MT6750 processor
- Mali T860 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 8.1 Oreo with Flyme OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 13-megapixel rear camera with LED flash, f/2.2 aperture, 2MP secondary camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 8-megapixel front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1 LE, GPS + GLONASS
- 3300mAh battery
The C9 is the company’s most affordable smartphone to date in the Indian market, launching at INR 4,999. The phone has a plastic unibody design with a basic set of hardware and is powered ba y UNISON processor.
The phone has 4G VoLTE support, dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots and packs a 3000mAh battery.
Meizu C9 specifications
- 45-inch (1400 x 720 pixels) HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 350cd/m² brightness, 1000: 1 contrast ratio
- 3GHz Quad-core SC9832E processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM, 16GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with f/2.2 aperture, Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 146.4x 70x 8.5mm; Weight: 140g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 3000mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The Meizu 16th comes in Midnight Black and Moonlight White colors and is priced at INR 39,999. The Meizu M6T comes in Black and Red colors and is priced at INR 7,999 while the C9 comes in Black and White colors & is priced at INR 4,999.
All the three smartphones will go on sale exclusively via Amazon.in with the 16th and M6T coming in at a later date while the C9 goes on sale today.