With Emojis for Android and Emojis for iOS available, Windows users have been long waiting to be able to use Emojis in Windows 10. To add to the surprise of Windows 10 users, Emojis are indeed available in Windows 10. Well, don’t start searching for them on your keyboard as they are only available to use with the on-screen keyboard.
If you are interested in knowing how to use Emojis in Windows 10, then we have a detailed yet simple guide written below.
Features of Emojis in Windows 10
Before we take you through the guide on how to use Emojis in Windows 10, have a look at the features supported by Emojis in Windows 10.
- Following the recommendation by Unicode, the skin tone of people represented by Emojis in default will be gray in order to give the Emojis an appearance that is non-human.
- If you do not wish to use the default gender-neutral gray skin tone, there are several other skin tones that you can choose from.
- Emojis in Windows 10 is the first when it comes to major operating systems to support newer emojis approved by Unicode 7, such as the middle finger emoji.
How to use Emojis in Windows 10?
Now that you know the features of Emojis in Windows 10, let us take you through the step-by-step guide on how to use Emojis in Windows 10.
- First of all, drag your mouse pointer to the Windows taskbar and click on the right mouse button.
- From the popup menu that appears, find the option that says “Show touch keyboard button” and click on the same.
- Now a keyboard icon will appear in the right corner of the taskbar along with the battery indicator, WiFi indicator etc.
- Click on the keyboard icon.
- This will launch a virtual on-screen keyboard that will look very similar to the keyboard found on your Smartphones and tablets.
- In the on-screen keyboard, next to the “Ctrl” button, you will find a smiling emoji button.
- Click on the smiling emoji button and you will be able to view all the emojis in Windows 10.
- Whenever you wish to use emoji in Windows 10, simply launch the on-screen keyboard and use the emoji of your choice.
If you wish to close the on-screen keyboard, simply click on the “x” button available at the top right corner of the on-screen keyboard.
Normally, the on-screen keyboard will take up the entire lower half of your display. In order to change the size of the on-screen keyboard, simply click on the “keyboard settings” next to the “microphone” icon on the top left corner of the on-screen keyboard.
Once you click on the “keyboard settings” icon, you will be then able to toggle between the different layouts available for the on-screen keyboard to change as per your convenience.
That was a very easy and simple article on how to use Emojis in Windows 10.
Hope the article was informative to you and in case you have any other specific doubt regarding Windows 10, do leave them as comments below and we will surely help you in resolving them.