“Uberization of Logistics”, you must have heard this term frequently. No doubt that Uberization has made drastic changes in the logistics industry. Uber has always aimed for the fastest delivery and that too beyond the expectations.
It is more than just an ordinary app which connects clients and drivers. Uber launched its services in 2009 and today is available in more than 65+ countries, 600+ cities worldwide.
According to the facts, Uber is doing more than 15 million trips per day. Having done well in the taxi industry, Uber has also launched its freight services which will definitely be going to give new directions to the Logistics and trucking industry.
An app like Uber can help in getting rid of traditional and frustrating procedures of logistics but, developing it is not an easy walk through a local park. It needs basic as well as technical knowledge to compete with giants of this industry. Let’s discuss the key ideas, features and what benefits a logistics company may have to embed an Uber-like app in their system.
Key Benefits Of Uber-like Logistics App
The biggest issue for any logistics industry is timely communication with the driver. Using an app like Uber can resolve this problem and hence, restrict the drivers serving excuses for their delays as we can also track them.
If we provide truck drivers with in-app navigations, they can easily keep moving towards the destination. Also, using an app can send notifications to the client regarding dispatch, “on the way” or “delivered”. Overall, these features can increase the efficiency of truck drivers and hence, the enterprise.
Integrating a logistics system with a mobile app can increase the credibility of the organization and also implement the faster execution of the processes.
To beat the competition in the outside world, it has become essential to automate your processes. All the big organizations have started integrating apps into their logistics system. So, to stand in front of them and to fight for existence, go for an app.
But how to get these benefits in an efficient way for different users in the logistic supply line? To manage the whole system from one product, the complete app system can be divided into three(or more) user logins. Let’s talk about it.
We can have a minimum of three key roles for a logistics app and these are:
Driver plays a major role in the logistics system as it serves as a mediator between the dispatcher and the end-user. If the driver is brought to the mobile platform it will become easy for the dispatcher and the client to track the live location of the truck. It also aids the dispatcher to provide the driver with instant instructions.
The dispatcher is the one who dispatches the goods from the cargos to the client’s location. He has all the rights to update the information regarding the goods.
The client can be also categorized as 1) the warehouse – where the goods have to be delivered and 2) common people e.g. a person who is shifting from San Francisco to Chicago needing to move his appliances.
Every key user will be provided with some dedicated features which another key user may or may not access. So, we have generated a list of must-have features to be added to each user login.
Features Of The Driver’s App
The primary goal to be achieved through a driver app is synchronizing with the cargos and to bridge between driver and dispatcher. Apart from it, there are more features that can be added to make the app effective.
- Booking Status: Driver can access the latest booking information to start the journey from source to destination.
- Location tracking: The driver can track the location of the source point from where he has to pick up the goods as well as the destination point, to where he has to deliver.
- Push Notifications: Push notifications can be used to keep driver updated on the delivery, any emergency or switching to an alternate route etc.
- Clients’ list: Driver will be provided with a list of clients so that he can prepare himself for all the shipments and manage deliveries accordingly.
Features Of Admin App
The primary goal of the dispatcher app is to keep a track of goods dispatched & track truck location.
- Dispatcher control center: All the information about the driver, their truck and estimated delivery time should be there in the dispatcher control center.
- Notification: Using notification feature by Dispatcher can save a lot of time on communication, as they can set for what they want to send notification such as to update the route in the map or a change in delivery location etc.
- Live location: Dispatcher can track the shipment and estimated delivery time along with what product it is carrying into the shipment.
- Reporting: Each shipment log should be maintained into the app to track to prepare a report, by a dispatcher.
Features Of Client App
Since we have two types of clients depending on the services offered by the logistics companies, it totally depends on them whether they want to work with the warehouse or the common people in their client app. Here is a list of features that one can add to their client’s app.
- Ride Tracking: This feature enables the client to track the location of the truck by using the real-time tracking system provided by the company.
- Booking: Through the use of this feature, the client can book service from the logistics company for later use or for instant use. They can also get an estimation of fare. As soon as they book service, the driver will be assigned and a notification will be sent to the driver.
- Payment Options: The client can be provided with various methods for the payment of money charged for the service. They can pay using cards, money wallets etc.
- Shipment Log: This will help clients or warehouse personnel to get the status of their shipment like dispatched from the source, reached mid-point A, reached mid-point B, delivered and so on. Also, thanks to this feature, the organization can run paperless saving time, money and resources at the warehouse.
- Inventory list: The list of all the products that are to be delivered should be there with the warehouse workers, and it should have the complete information of delivery location, product description, invoice of product.
Read more about How to develop an app for logistics here: https://www.mobindustry.
So, we have outlined all the key benefits and features of a trucking and logistics app. Introducing just a mobile app for your logistics organization can yield exceptional revenue. But there is a cost to every advancement and so to develop such an app you have to invest some money into it. It is assured that after using the app for your enterprise, it will not let you down in terms of expectations.