According to the latest report by the phone radar, the Chinese smartphone maker Gionee is on the verge of launching the lite version of its Gionee A1 series handset. The report claims that the device will come in a Gold color variant with a price tag of INR 14,999 and will be available via offline stores across the country.
Gionee A1 Lite Specifications:
- 5.3-inch IPS HD 720p display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- 64-bit octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor paired with Mali-T720MP3 GPU.
- 3GB RAM.
- 32 GB of internal storage which further expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
- Runs on Android 7.0 (Nougat) with the company’s Amigo OS 4.0 on the top.
- 13 MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, phase detection autofocus, and dual-LED flash.
- 20 MP front facing camera with f/2.0 aperture.
- Fingerprint (rear-mounted).
- 4000 mAh Non-removable Li-Ion battery.
The connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot, Bluetooth 4.1, and micro USB 2.0. The device dimensions and weight are still unknown and it is also expected that the device may be released by next week. To recall, the company was released the A1 series handsets in the months of April and May respectively.
The handset performs reasonably well in Indian market but still, the company cannot make that kind of market presence as compared to other popular brands and the amount of time they actually spend in the Indian market. The other Chinese brands like Oppo, Vivo, and Xiaomi has done serious business in India and now their handset even beats the likes of Samsung and Sony in the mid-range market segment. So it will be interesting to see that how this current offering from the company performs after its launch.