To make everyday shopping for Windows Phone Users easier, Amazon – one of the leading e-commerce businesses has launched the Flipkart Windows Phone App. Previously, the app was locked up to Android and iOS users only.
Flipkart support for Windows phones was a long standing request from the community (Windows Phone users). The request was materialized eventually after some delay. What’s significant about the app is that it is not a direct port of the Android and iOS apps. It sports a design different from its native apps for iOS and Android, plus, incorporates the Metro UI. It is compatible with devices running Windows Phone 8 and Windows Phone 8.1.
Apart from spotting the difference in interface, users can read reviews and view images (with zoom feature) of the product they plan to buy. The app lists products, arranged well under multiple categories and brands. There are also many filter options available. This helps users browse through the site and purchase products right from their Windows Phone device. No hassles!
Also, Flipkart Windows App helps buyers keep a track of their order status and present him with the history of the browsed products, if required. The app offers multiple options to make payment for the purchased products via services like Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Cards, EMI, Net Banking, Flipkart Wallet and Flipkart eGVs.
For Windows Phone app users, Flipkart is currently offering a discount of Rs 100 on purchase of products worth Rs 1500 and more. Users can avail of this offer for three days, starting from April 9.
The following are the features highlighted on the Flipkart app’s listing page on the Windows Phone Store.
- Easily navigate through different departments to find products
- Search for products, categories or brands
- Quickly narrow down search results using Sort and Filter functions
- View product images up close with the zoom feature
- Read reviews that other users have written about different products
- Pay by Cash on Delivery, Credit/Debit Cards, EMI, NetBanking, Flipkart Wallet and Flipkart eGVs
- Track status of the order
- View recently browsed products and their details
- Access the saved cart and user details by logging in through Flipkart, Facebook or Google login