Choosing a Wi-Fi that provides a stable connection throughout your home or office space is challenging. Most people don’t really get into too much technical detail and often pick up the most wallet-friendly option available in market leading to not so good results. If you’re one of the shoppers that fit into this category then the Digisol DG-WR3001NE is for you.
The Digisol DG-WR3001NE has a low profile and is capable of handling 300mbps networks. The best part about the product is it provides a USB port using which you can actually charge your phones or hook up a USB stick to share data over a network.
- Wireless Speed up to 300Mbps
- WLAN Security
- Internal Power Adapter
- Dual Antennas
- Easy Setup
A complete list of items you get inside the box:
- Digisol 300Mbps WR3001NE wireless repeater
- LAN cable
- User instruction manual
The design is fairly simple and resembles that of other Wi-Fi repeaters in the market. The repeater comes with the 2 prong plugs built-in, so you can directly hook it up to a socket. The overall footprint is small considering that the power adapter is contained in along with other radios in a relatively small shell. On the front side you there is the WPS button along with the LED which lights up when the modes are changed.
The bottom part houses the ethernet jack along with a USB port which is missing on other budget Wi-Fi repeater currently in the market. You can essentially use the USB port to power up another device or hook up a storage device to create a data sharing network. On each side, these omnidirectional antennas are present to provide an all-around coverage. There is a button on the side which is used for resetting the repeater.
Setup & Performance
The Wi-Fi repeater is easy to set up and can be used as both a router and a range extender depending on the usage. The setup process is as follows.
- Plug the repeater into the wall socket.
- Connect to the repeater hotspot which will be open by default with the SSID as DIGISOL.
- Go to the browser and type 192.168.2.1 and enter admin as username and 1234 as the password.
- A web panel opens up asking you to set up SSID and password for the repeater. To simplify the setup process there is a Clone option and we would suggest you choose to clone the router option which will use the same SSID as your current router.
- There is a table with all the Wi-Fi networks in range to the repeater. You need to choose the one which is your router Wi-Fi name/SSID and type the password.
- Once you are done with the above step, press finish. The repeater will restart and connect to the router and voila you are all set.
As previously mentioned, the product can be used as a router as well, so for that just connect the LAN cable to the ethernet port on the bottom and instead of cloning the router on the above-mentioned instructions just add a password to the current SSID.
Coming to the performance aspect, the repeater performed as expected. People with connections speeds up to 100Mbps can use it without any issues. The repeater only supports the 2.4Ghz band and its underlying data bands mainly the ‘11n’. We did not face any connection error or drops and the repeater was easily able to provide a good connection in a 250sq foot apartment. We did notice some delay when switching from router to repeater mode but they happened rarely.
Digisol 300Mbps Wireless repeater DG-WR3001NE – INR 1,995
- Robust Build
- Easy setup
- Good coverage
- Priced a little higher
Verdict – Should you go for it?
The Digisol WR3001NE Wireless repeater has a robust build and the ease of setup took the overall experience to another level. The USB port is a nifty addition, one we haven’t seen in repeaters under 2K price bracket. The only issue we found is the price which we feel could have been a little low.
So, if you are in the market looking for a repeater, then the Digisol WR3001NE should be in your top picks.